12 replies
Jokeachu CXV
Custom
Votes:
+3
Custom
Ex-Staff
Veteran
This year, Lyondar will be celebrating its second Christmas! In honor of this, I, along with the Lyondar staff, will be running a Christmas-Themed build contest! This time, there will be 3 custom ranks on the line! The catch, however, is that the themes are already chosen! You must pick one of four classic Christmas stories:
  • The Birth of Jesus
  • A Christmas Carol
  • The Night Before Christmas
  • The Little Match Girl

Rules:
  • No plagiarism. You may not copy someone else's design, or base your build off of someone else's design. Doing so is an automatic disqualification. This does not include IRL buildings.
  • This event is a single-player event. You may not receive any help from any other players!
  • You may not submit builds in any other world except Creative Plotworld. This means no relaxed survival, factions, or lore world.
  • You may not submit builds that have been created before the contest start date.
  • You may not use more than one plot. This means no merged plots.
  • You may not use WorldEdit in any way.
  • You may not modify your build in any way after you've submitted it to the contest.
  • You must be a Citizen or higher to participate.
  • Ranks with access to NPCs may not use them in contest builds.
  • Custom Ranked players are allowed to enter, but must choose a non-custom ranked player to receive the rank should they win. The second player would not receive the golden asterisk, only the winner.
Judges
After all entries are submitted, each judge will rate each build on a scale of 1-10 with a score of 10 being absolutely amazing and follows the theme perfectly, and a score of 1 being extremely low quality build that does not follow the theme. After each judge has scored each submission, the total points for the submission will be added together to determine the final score. The highest score being 30, and the lowest score being 3.
To teleport to a plot in-game, type /plot tp ID or go to the warp.

This contest's judges: Elykius, Garage_, and Jokeachu

How to Enter!
After you've completed your final, finished version of your Christmas build, copy and paste the following form in a reply to this thread below. All questions are required.

The PLOT ID is found by typing /plot info while standing on your plot in-game. Example Plot ID: 1;-1

Minecraft Username:
Plot ID:
Build Description:
Screenshots (optional):

Current Submissions
None

Contest begins November 28 at 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time and ends December 22, 2017 at 7:00pm Eastern Standard Time.

Prize
The Top 3 winners will receive an exclusive Golden Asterisk added to their in-game rank, as well as the exclusive "Contest Winner" banner on the forums and a Custom rank!

Goodluck and have fun! and Merry Christmas!
Posted Nov 28, 17 · OP · Last edited Nov 28, 17
Norst33 MAJV
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Architect Judge
Veteran
Are we allowed to use NPC's to decorate our build? Or is that not allowed, since not everyone has access to NPC's?
Posted Dec 7, 17
Elykius OLAJV
Elykius @ Lyondar
Owner
Votes:
+154
Level 5
LEVEL 5
Admins
Owner
Loremaker
Architect Judge
Veteran
wrote:
Are we allowed to use NPC's to decorate our build? Or is that not allowed, since not everyone has access to NPC's?
http://prntscr.com/hkk1md
Elykius Nivalis | Owner of Lyondar Minecraft Server
play.lyondar.mcserver.ws:25566
Posted Dec 7, 17
Norst33 MAJV
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Architect Judge
Veteran
I can read, I swear....
Posted Dec 8, 17
Custom
Votes:
+2
Custom
Veteran
Heyo! I decided to join this, I'm pretty happy with my build. I based it off of 'The Little Match Girl'.

Minecraft Username: Anime_Oreo

Plot ID: -4;9

Build Description: I decided to build a small medieval town, although the story is based in a city. I felt that the town fit the time period in which the story was written a little bit better. I've built 10 buildings: 7 houses, 1 stable, 1 clock tower, and 1 shop. I've also built a small frozen pond and a forest. I decided to make the terrain snowy, because I thought it would tie everything together nicely. Another note, the build looks the best when you do /ptime night.

I hope you guys like it.
~OreoIsSleepy~
Posted Dec 14, 17 · Last edited Dec 14, 17
List
Undo
Norst33 MAJV
Votes:
+29
Level 2
LEVEL 2
Architect Judge
Veteran
Minecraft Username: Norst33
Plot ID: 1;4
Build Description: As you walk onto the path, you notice on your left the Sheraton Hotel that Jesus' parents were kicked out of, because there was no vacancy because of the amount of withers that lived there. To the right, you see the fields of zombie shepards, keeping watch over their dragon-headed sheep. You notice the floating angel, with her (because biblically all angels were female -_-) fiery platform and cloudy arms.
In the center, you see the stable, with a single dragon-headed sheep, two green creephams, Mary, Joseph, and Sheep Wool Jesus. As you follow the path past the stable, you see three wise men in the distance, walking to the stable. It will probably take another couple of years, because they can't move for some reason; apparently they're just armor stands with leather armor on them.
If you're lucky enough to view this build at night, you may notice that in the darkness of the far right corner, three crosses, because of the sacrifice Jesus will make 33 years from now.
Screenshots (optional):
Posted Dec 21, 17
Susiron CLVCW
Custom
Votes:
+1
Custom
Loremaker
Veteran
Contest Winner
Minecraft Username: Susiron

Plot ID: 2;12

Build Description: My build is heavily inspired by the old Christmas special: 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, which itself is based upon the poem of the same name. In this special, a clock-maker creates a large clock that chimes out a song calling to Santa at midnight, in a desperate attempt to make amends for a nasty letter that a mouse in their town sent Santa, expressing doubt in his existence. The same young mouse accidentally breaks the clock, but with the help of his father he is able to repair it in time to call Santa to their small town. This holiday special has always held a special place in my heart, and I try to watch it every Holiday season.

The clock tower is the focal point of my build, with festive trees and wreaths surrounding it in a field of snow. Santa's sleigh circles the clock tower from up on high, and soft music plays over the scene.

Bonus: I've hidden all of the birds mentioned from the "Twelve Days of Christmas" song on this plot, as well as two mice (the son and father from the Christmas special).
Posted Dec 23, 17 · Last edited Dec 23, 17
List
Undo
Loremaker
Votes:
+2
Loremaker
Veteran
Minecraft Username: Eugen_Heydrich

Plot ID: 8;-26

Build Description: An attempt to make the nativity scene gone wrong and sexual?!?!?!?!!? Seriosuly, my build wasn't completed and I didn't have time so I just made a not even half done desert for your enjoyment mr judge.

Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/hrfkw5
Posted Dec 23, 17
Agree
List
Undo
Custom
Votes:
+10
Level 1
LEVEL 1
Custom
Knight
Veteran
Contest Winner
Minecraft Username: creepercaoimhe

Plot ID: -3;-1

Build Description: Based on "The Night Before Christmas". Complete with stockings hung with care, non-stirring mice and Santa descending down the chimney. Best viewed at night with clear glass and connected textures.
Posted Dec 23, 17 · Last edited Dec 23, 17
Garage_ OLAJV
Owner
Votes:
+53
Level 3
LEVEL 3
Admins
Owner
Loremaker
Architect Judge
Veteran
Anime_Oreo, -4;9
Execution: 35/50
The buildings are generally good, but I'm not a fan of the clock tower. The terrain is mostly flat, and there's nothing amazing about it.
Usage of Theme: 7/25
It's passable as this story, but I don't really see any elements from the story in the build.
Creativity: 12/15
The terrain is generic, but all the houses are unique and as a whole the town isn't generic.
Detail: 6/10
All the houses have interiors, but they all look the same. The clock tower has no interior. There's a lot of attention to detail in the road.
Total: 60/100

Norst33, 1;4
Execution: 15/50
The hotel is kind of really bad. The terrain is also very plain, but at least it has variation in height. The shack is alright, for a shack.
Usage of Theme: 23/25
I see a lot of elements from the story, and the description helped a lot.
Creativity: 8/15
I like the various animals and attempts to make people, but there's a lot that could've been improved... *cough* terrain *cough*
Detail: 5/10
One wither in that whole hotel? smh my head! All the rooms had interiors, but none of them particularly stood out.
Total: 51/100

Susiron, 2;12
Execution: 47/50
I like all the trees and the terrain is nice, the lack of vegetation is fitting. I like and and his reindeer, especially the particles behind the sleigh. The clock tower looks nice, but it's a little squat.
Usage of Theme: 25/25
I never saw this special, but by your description I guess it works!
I saw a lot of the birds, but I never saw the mice. Also, no townsfolk?
Creativity: 13/15
I like the deviation from the actual story while still using something based off of it.
Detail: 9/10
All the things have ornaments. Wow. In the clock tower, there isn't really any interior other than the trees and garland at the entrance and the gears at the top.
Total: 94/100

Eugen_Heydrich, 8;-26
Execution: 1/50
Very unfinished! Nice terrain so far though xd.
Usage of Theme: 1/25
Uuuuhhhhhhhhhh atleastitsadesert?
Creativity: 0/15
I like your idea, but it seems to be absent!
Detail: 0/10
Nonexist?
Total: 2/100

creepercaoimhe, -3;-1
Execution: 46/50
I like the brickwork around the outside, especially the windows.The roof is a little iffy (not like it's very important though xd), but the chimney is nice. I like the stuff on the fireplace, though the flowers are a bit odd. The tree is very good, and the presents are all nice. I guess Santa is leaving? The rug is nice, but the coffee table is a bit small and I wish there was stuff on it.
Usage of Theme: 25/25
There are a lot of details from the story, especially the mice. An odd place in the story to depict, seeing as Santa is leaving, but whatever.
Creativity: 13/15
I like the idea to depict it as a diorama, rather than a full house or room. I like the variation if presents, especially weary boy.
Detail: 10/10
I like all the detail, especially in the tree, decorations, and micehome.
Total: 94/100
Cool! Human skin wallets!
Posted Dec 23, 17
Page
of 2
Top Posters
200 Posts
Norst33 MAJV
199 Posts
139 Posts
Garage_ OLAJV
90 Posts